Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A place for everything

Three reasons I started this blog.

1. Tot School. It all started when I began researching a teaching schedule for my little girl Lyla (18 months) and the little Girl I nanny for, EC (20 months). About 4 months ago I wanted to set aside an actual school time for them. I had planned on starting when they were two. But after some research I found that you can try implementing a school time at 18 months or sooner if you want. Here is a link to the website that gave me TONS of ideas and inspiration to get started. It's 1plus1plus1equals1. This is also where I got the materials for our first "curriculum" for free. 
We officially start Monday. So this week we have done a brief overview with fun activities each day involving things we will be concentrating on later. Like colors, letters, sounds, matching, puzzles, sorting, numbers etc.

Here is a picture from today:
Learning colors.

I mixed up some vanilla pudding and added food coloring. Found here. (You could use finger paints and save them to refer to throughout the day, we just didn't have any.) We worked with 3 colors today. Yellow, blue and green. They finger painted on their paper plates which were on top of cookie sheets. (most of this you will already have in your house. Just be creative with what you have.)
As they were painting we practiced saying the color they were using. Once we had all three colors painted, I asked them what each color was. EC loves to say yellow. So she called them all yellow most of the time if I didn't help :) Lyla loves to say blue. So she called them all blue most of the time. haha. They love learning, and I am excited to see their progress over the next few weeks!

2. Crafts. I just recently opened up an accessory shop through Facebook, The Little Lady Shop. I really wanted a place where I could showcase ideas and new products. I also wanted to have a place to do some tutorials for some of the items I have for sale. And to show the progression of this new adventure of mine. All while juggling being a wife, mom and "teacher". :)

Here is a picture of a special order I finished today:
small ruffle hair clips for a 1 month old

Last but not least...

3. To get all (well some)of my pictures about Lyla and her activities off of Facebook. My Facebook page should really be Lyla's. So, I thought some of my FB friends might appreciate if I toned the all about Lyla posts down. So this is my new space for kid stuff  :)

So, I hope you come back to see some of what daily life looks like for me and my family. I would also love to connect with other wives, moms with toddlers, and small shop owners! I cannot promise a post everyday, but I will do my best. And see where this leads...



No comments:

Post a Comment